Tuesday 30 January 2007

a crush or what

hey people, i haven't been able 2 update cos i went 2 see my dad, he's fyn. my weekend was fab, the best I've had in weeks, yeah, very eventful.

Friday; i went to see my friend in her school. i was really happy 2 see her, haven't seen her in like 7 months (last yr). i also found that some of my friends from high school were also schooling there, it was such a happy re-union.We talked and talked, bout the usual girl stuff, i felt really refreshed and all, lovely day.

Saturday; so this is what the topic is all about. i went to the supermarket to buy sumthing, i dint find it in the stalls so i went to ask, the attendant when they would have it in stock. lo and behold this white boy who looks like someone i know, he turns and there, its him. We attended the same high school and he was like 2 or 3 yrs ahead of me( lemme clear this up, I'm in Nigeria, my school was sort of posh, like 10% white people). i had already said (I'll call him josh), hey josh before it occurred to me not 2 be too forward, so as it happened;

josh; yeah hi (looking like hes wondering)
me; high school
josh; er..huh?
me; bla blah high schl
josh; yeah
me; you were my friend(god knows why i was acting like i had jus met jay-z)
josh; (nodding slightly)
me; i have a picture(opening my wallet to bring out my 9yr picture, why was i being so... anyway i couldn't back out and jus say no its not you so i just had to push it)
josh; of me?
me; no(silly)me, (handing him the picture)
josh; (nodding obviously)yeah, i know you, wow u've changed so much(considering the fact that we dint wear jewelry in my school and i cut my hair, i did sort of look like a boy), wow, common gimme a hug
me;(at last he does remember, the truth is he was actually my school father, i was literally tiny) good to see u
josh; yeah good to see u too, wow look at u
me; (i forgot to say i was like really sweating,that day, besides i had finished my 'business') bye josh
josh; oh ur going already, i jus came to buy somethings. so where r u going,
me; home
josh; how did u get here
me; i took a bike(naija 4 u since i dont have a car)
josh; can i drop u,(i'm lookin like..) okay i'm thirsty can i have water to drink in ur house, i'd like to meet ur parents, can i
me; nooo
josh; okay id just drop u
me; okay thanks
josh; so have i changed?
me; not at all
josh; mm, so what r u up to
me; I'm in blah blah,
josh; oh cool
me; so how about u
josh; we'll talk now..

so he buys his stuff, and takes me to my house , i tell him to drop me at the junction, I'm not ready for my mom's curious questions. he asks 4 my number, what would i say: no cos what, since i initiated the Reunion, i drop the digits, alright bye, mimi I'll call u.
next day he calls, u've grown, you're beautiful, id like to see u sometime, please let me know whenever Ur around, thanks.
the issue is, i haven't been able 2 put this dude out of my head, he's white cute, okay but i don't know wassup wiv me.


Sunday; went to church, my girls came, packed my clothes(one of those things), had a swell day and my main friend kept teasing me about josh

aside; i thot vals day was going 2 be boring, but maybe not..



I'm currently listening to YOU ARE by Lionel Richie, beooootiful song

No comments: